|CENTRALIZED ENERGY MONITORING & ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
A one stop solution to manage your resources
“Managing competition through cost saving and quality management of resources has caught the attention of many management gurus across various industries. One of the major qualifying criteria is to possess information on your fingertips”
Energy efficiency is one such resource, an incredible investment for a sound business vision. Needs can vary from energy inputs to consumption, uptime & downtime, machine utilization and manpower effectiveness. Energy management and proper utilization of power can convert into revenue on a long-term basis.
WHAT IS CEMA.?…
“CEMA” - Centralized Energy Monitoring and Accounting System an System that helps to Acquire, monitor and Account for energy needs and manage energy consumption, thereby giving you direct access to conserve energy and indirect benefits in terms of avoiding excess consumption, low productivity, excess operational loss, wear & tear, shutdowns & high energy cost.
CEMA comprises of high quality and feature oriented measuring devices connected to your computer or server through a specialized software, giving you instant data & reports on a hourly, daily, weekly, yearly or as and when the need arises. CEMA can track various parameters associated with power, water, steam, gas, air, fuel etc. CEMA tracks these parameters and the quality/flaws from all machines & nodes simultaneously. It provides data on consumption accurately to identify the wastage if any against Universal Standard /Industrial norms.
Multifunctional Power Meters can be programmed through PSW Professional software, which has the following features:
(A) Visualization with Topology View
(B) Analysis of Measurement data
(C) Graphical Display of Measurement Values
(D) Online display of measurement values
(E) Configuration of Memory (Parameter, Average timing)
- (F) Configuration and Programming of the UMG 96S etc
Topology view is used to continuously monitor all Electrical Parameters. The parameters can be customized according to the user’s need.
A user-defined background in .jpg format can be deposited, for example a sketch of the existing energy distributions. The measuring devices can now be allocated on the sketch according to their real position, and the selected values can be shown online. Threshold violations are clearly marked with selected colors. The status of the inputs and outputs can also be indicated. Topology view, therefore, allows a fast overview over the complete energy grid with the possibility
to locate interferences, for example caused by harmonic sources, by comparing every single measuring point, and check the customer set tolerances.
Limit can be set for any parameter, thereby an alarm can be generated when the parameter exceeds the specified limit.
Graph can be generated for electrical parameters like voltage, current, power factor and cos(phi). Selected values can be supervised online. The graph is permanently expanded by new measured values. Up to 1000 values can be assembled in one graph, and the most obsolete values will be omitted. Two different scales can be indicated in one graph, which means two different units can be displayed. Up to eight graphs can be operated simultaneously.
GRAPHICAL VIEW - ONLINE DATA
Reports can be generated for all specified parameters.
CONFIGURATION OF MEMORY FOR DATA LOGGING
MEASURED VALUE MANAGER(COST CENTER MANAGEMENT)
In order to offer another low cost solution for cost center management, it offers user defined Excel solutions. An expensive control technological solution becomes needless.
The most commonly measured data of products are available as Excel macro or Excel function.
Those macros get the corresponding measured values from the database, generated by PSW professional, and insert those in an Excel sheet.
For example, only time periods are entered, and the corresponding consumption, costs or graphs are given out. For the construction of the Excel sheets, all tools and instruments of Excel can be used. The Excel macro is bound into Excel as an Add-In
Gridvis software is suitable for programming and configuring power quality analysers, power analysers, universal measuring instruments, dataloggers and reactive power controller as well as for the administration and visualization of all measured data. The electrical data from the companies can be monitored at a glance in the topology overviews. The measured values are written in the data memories of the units or directly online in databases and can then be presented as line graphs, bar charts or histograms.
Multifunctional Power Meters can also be programmed through Gridvis software which has the following features:
(A) Visualization of measurement values
(B) Automatic ring buffer readout from the instruments
(C) Storage of the data in a database
(D) Graphic presentation of online measurement values
- (F) Configurable topology overview with freely selectable register levels
- (G) Configuration of the measuring instruments
- (H) Graphic programming of user programs or programming with the Jasic source code
- (I) Parameterisation, visualization, data management and analysis
- (J) Measurement data analysis
- (K) Events Browser
- (L) Harmonic Analysis
The Gridvis software for programming and grid visualization enables a simple and complete parameterisation of power analysers. Customer specific visualization of the energy supply is possible with the topology view. The topology overview guarantees a quick overview of the complete electricity network.
Graph can be generated for electrical parameters like voltage, current, power factor and cos(phi). Selected values can be supervised online. The measurement data can be directly recorded on the PC in online graphs. Furthermore, Gridvis offers convenient opportunities for presentation and analysis of historical data from the database.
The software Gridvis allows an individual collection, reading out and visualization of online data. The received data of multiple measuring points are collected, saved, processed, visualized and provided for further use. All measurement values are available in the mode of online measurement either as a line graph or bar graph. The Line graphs are permanently actualized and the most obsolete datas are cancelled. Two scales can be created for two different units per graph. Any number of measurement data from each unit, including from measurement instruments, can be observed in the same graph. In the graphs, indication of transients and events is displayed. The colour of the graphs can be adjusted as required.
REPORTING AND STATISTICAL FUNCTIONS
With integrated reporting and statistical functions, the following reports and information can be created, printed on paper or exported via HTML, excel images or as pdf files.
EN50160 Power Quality Report
- Statistical Functions
- Cost Center Report
STATISTICS VIEW-ONLINE DATA
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE JASIC AND LICENSES
The programming language JASIC opens up completely new possibilities. We are no longer limited to the device’s built in functions, but the device can be extended with your own functions and applications. The graphical programming is used to create and configure logical operations or mathematical functions. We can activate your own digital outputs depending on predefined thresholds for example, and digital inputs are evaluated. In addition it is possible to analyse or write registers of external modbus devices. It is possible to customize the applications according to specific requirements and extend by far the functionality of the measurement devices of the UMG device series UMG 604,UMG 103,UMG 96S,UMG 503, UMG 510 etc. The self made programs can be stored on the computer as a file or directly transmitted to the UMG measurement device. For storage of your customized programs, 7 memory locations are available with 128K-byte memory space available.
FOR A MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, CEMA CAN....
- Identify the inefficient Motor, Machine or Process and fix the cause.
- Analyze the maintenance schedule of the machine.
- Based on the reports can troubleshoot switching errors and electrical deterioration.
- Analyze the power quality problems, like voltage sags, swells, harmonics, line losses etc.
- Predict demand and shift loads
- Compile other inputs viz. Steam, gas, air, man power, fuel
FOR A MANAGING DIRECTOR, CEMA CAN…
- Improves data accuracy and avoids human error in data collection & reporting
- Monitoring power to determine usage and demand profiles
- Centralized power analysis facilitates better utilization of manpower and cost reduction.
- Constantly identifies the operational cost.
FOR A HEAD - PRODUCTION, CEMA CAN…
- Reduce production cost wherever possible
- Compare same type of Machines or Process for energy consumption
- Compare different Machines or Process for energy consumption
- Identify the electrical equipment that is not efficient
- Analyze the capacity utilization of the entire electrical distribution system
- Continuous monitoring of production cost.
|REDUCE ELECTRICITY COSTS
- Review and reconcile utility bills to identify mistakes
- Identify energy inefficiencies and waste of energy
- Improve control mechanism by automatic meter reading and sub-metering
- Precise measuring and sub-billing of electricity cost
- Optimize energy purchase by precise demand forecasts
- Implement power factor correction, harmonic filtering and fact based electricity reduction concepts
- Reduce peak demand through load management
OPTIMIZE EQUIPMENT UTILIZATION
- Prolong equipment life by identifying stress factors (e.g. high harmonics, unbalanced systems or transients)
- By balancing loads on substations, transformers, distribution boards, and other distribution equipment overloads on individual branches can be avoided
- Optimize use of existing distribution equipment capacity to delay or eliminate capital expenses
- Compare the performance of facilities or processes and identify low performer
- Active load management can disconnect uncritical loads to cutoff peak loads
IMPROVE SYSTEM RELIABILITY & ENSURE STABLE PROCESSES
- Identify and isolate root causes fast by using real time data as well as historical and event data
- Set thresholds and get early warning and remote alarm of exceeded system parameters
- The Development of extensive energy management system.
- Visualisation of energy supplies with the help of a topology view
- Documentation of power quality for freely dependable periods of time
- Analysis of root causes of faults
- Cost Center Management
- Stabilisation of energy supply through the alarm functions when the limit values are exceeded
- Improvement of power quality e.g harmonic analysis for fault detection
- Load profile analysis e.g consumption prognosis for electricity contract negotiations
LAURSEN AND TOUBRO LTD, PONDICHERRY
Laursen and Toubro Limited has Rolling Mill division located at Pondicherry which manufactures Anglers for transmission lines.
MAIN CAUSE FOR THE NEED OF ENERGY MONITORING SYSTEM
The number of Anglers passing through the rolling mill needs to be monitored.
The solution was given by calculating the number of times the current shoots as the anglers pass through the load. EMS software is programmed to record this excessive shoot by customizing the current limit in the topology view. Therefore this rise in current gets stored in the software which in turn gives the number of anglers passing through the load.
AGNI STEELS PVT LTD, COIMBATORE
Agni Steels Ltd located at coimbatore which manufactures broad range of induction heating and melting equipment and systems.
MAIN CAUSE FOR THE NEED OF ENERGY MONITORING SYSTEM
To monitor the power supply quality through continous measurement of voltage distortion and current parameters.
The solution was given by installing Stand Alone Power Meters in their control panels. The electrical parameters like Voltage (phasewise), Current (phasewise), Real Power and Apparent Power were continuously monitored in EMS software. As a result, the abnormalities were identified and corrective actions were taken so as to rectify the problems.
BHAGYALAKSHMI TRADES CORPORATION, BANGALORE
Bhagyalakshmi Trades Corporation located at Bangalore is a leading Rice Mill in the locality.
MAIN CAUSE FOR THE NEED OF ENERGY MONITORING SYSTEM
The cost for Total Energy Consumption of the unit needs to be calculated.
The Solution was given by installing the load manager in their incomer. The Energy Consumption of the unit is continuously monitored and the values were stored in the report. As a result, the total cost for the energy consumption was calculated with precise accuracy.
COST CENTER MANAGEMENT